A white Spanish style structure sits at the highest point of the Adelup Point government complex. Its vantage point could not be more beautiful or more strategic offering an expansive view of Asan Point to the west and Hagatha Bay to the east and facing the Philippine sea. The location was in fact used as a look out by the Japanese and the Americans. It was built upon the foundation of the original Atkins-Kroll house destroyed in 1944 during the Liberation of Guam. Of the original building, the foundation itself and the long flight of concrete steps leading to the bottom of the prominence remain. Ultimately, the site was rebuilt in order to house the Guam Museum. Canons displayed in the foreground are reconstructed artifacts representing Guam’s Spanish period.